Friday, July 6, 2018

Dying on the Mountainside

Welcome back to the Blog




            What an update!  So, I am not going to do a day-by-day update because I don’t have time for that. So, to begin I finally got my camera working so I will add some not so great photos that I took of the good ol’ reef. We (Lauren, Marena, Sandra, and myself) made the hike to the East Village to see when the teacher would be back to do the beach cleanup and that was an adventure. We took the beach path on the way back because someone at the resort told us that was less of a hassle, which it was until we reached a small beach about a half mile away from the resort where we reached a beautiful beach with aggressive dogs.  Oh, I forgot to mention that we had Nadine, or Butters, with us.  So again, back to the story we reached a beach with aggressive dogs with our sweet dog and she was chased into the water by the like six other dogs and it was pretty scary TBH.  We finally got her up the ladder, yes, a ladder, to scale a makeshift rock wall that I was not prepared to scale because we have been walking for the last like week (2 hours). Anyways once we finally got up the cliff the path was like 18 inches wide and I almost fell off (+1 death counter) and poor Nadine was petrified because she was assaulted by those darn dogs L.  



Photo from the dock
candid photo of Marena during the hike


Photo from the hike that almost killed me






So, we have been snorkeling daily to observe some more of the wildlife and it has been a blast.  We have seen a few octopus near the dock, some barracuda throughout the water, some jellies that we have been trying to avoid at all cost (Cole and Marena got stung during the night dive RIP), some eels under some good ol’ coral, a scorpion fish next to my giant anemone, and finally a squid that squirted Marena in the face to get her attention OFC. 
Christmas Tree Worms
See Anemone
Octopus in its Den


        Today we put out flags for our final project to examine anemones and the wildlife that seems to prefer them.  We also placed some flags down next to the octopus dens as a side gig because who wouldn’t want to see a cute, little octopus on the daily?  


beautiful coral <3

And now for everyones favorite section the death counter enjoy......
Death Highlights:
Snorkel overfloods with water
Falling off a cliff
Snorkeling at night
Fire pit
Hiking down a hill
Falling on rocks
Close encounter with a Barracuda(s)

Death Counter 8
and a blog would not be a blog without my child, Nadine




No comments:

Post a Comment