Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Recent Highlights

          So a few days ago I went on my second dive at Aggressor. It was super pretty and we saw a really cool yellow ray. The dive follows a slopping area covered in corals. I had a little trouble popping my left ear on the way down son that was a little annoying, but overall it was a great dive.



yellow ray

            Yesterday, we all made our second trip to East End Village. I felt like the hike there was easier this time but the hills are still unnecessarily steep. Once we arrived at the village we decide to wait at a little beach for the school teacher to arrive. Unfortunately Sandra fell out of a tree and scraped up her knee. Lauren was to the rescue though with some band aids so it all worked out. 



cool sign at the resort


Trees near East End Village

             Later that day while snorkeling I saw a chain moray eel which was pretty scary. I had gone down to check an anemone and as I was looking around I saw it's head poking out of a hole right beside my face. It looked kind of angry so I chose to quickly swim away. I also saw the usual assortment of fish and octopuses, which are always a pleasure.




Octopus we found on a snorkel


                The really cool moment of the day occurred that night when everyone was sitting out on the dock stargazing. Ben noticed some flashing light in the water and upon further investigation we discovered that the dock was surrounded by squid flashing at each other. If you watched closely you could see the females flash first followed by the males. It was amazing to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment