Tuesday, July 3, 2018

First Days in Honduras
        To start the trip to Honduras I woke up at 5:00 am to get in a flight to Atlanta. I don't really remember much of that flight because I was sleeping the whole time. Once I landed in Atlanta I met up with the rest of the students going to Honduras and Dr. Gilchrist. The flight went by really quickly and the next thing I knew we were in San Pedro Sula and it was super hot. We then took a very interesting and slightly dangerous drive to La Ceiba where we spent the night. The next morning we all got on a super small boat to go to the island. Ben nearly drowned from all the water that came in the boat and everyone was soaked except me. Somehow I managed to stay really dry even when the boat almost sank. 
         So far the days on the island have been great. While snorkeling I saw a ton of fish, a shrimp, two octopuses and two lobster. The snorkeling is amazing and its all so pretty its hard to believe that what I'm seeing is real. I also got to go paddle boarding with Ben, Lauren, and Sandra. It was a lot of fun even if the current got a little strong. I managed to stand up for a while but eventually we were all sitting. Everything has been exciting and I look forward to the rest of our time here.


 A flower near our room


 We found a pineapple while walking around


Best view (worst walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment