Saturday, July 14, 2018

Week 2: we're half way there and were living on a prayer

So week two basically starts on Tuesday, it all went down hill from there. On Tuesday we were supposed to go to the village to clean up the beach. Before we meet the professor we walked a bit of the beach trail while we waited. We came across a clears area and I decided it was a good idea to climb a tree. On my way down I tried to reach for a faraway branch and I fell down oh so gracefully.
My knee has yet to recover.
Th view before the fall

ft. Marena and Lauren 

Some how I managed to climb back to the resort. The next day I could barely move, drove me a little crazy not being able to do anything. On Wednesday however, the situation goes from bad to worse. So Ben and Lauren go out on a dive that day. And after they ate some watermelon, which resulted in some old food poisoning. Ben came up for some medicine but ended up staying in the room sleeping on the floor. The next day Ben and Lauren were bed ridden. Thankfully they are vertical at the moment.
My knee is still iffy but its okay enough to go into the water. It actually hurts less in the salt water which is odd. Lost about 4 days of data sadly but I did get to dive on Friday. We first went to El Jefe after an unsuccessful attempt at getting to El Estadio.
Invasive Lion fish

Banded shrimp 
Our second site was pelican, which was the prettiest site I've seen here so far. Its a wall of coral full of crevices and pinnacles. There was a large amount and variety of fish and I saw a mantis shrimp but it hid immediately.





On that same day we went to the village again, this time by boat to try and clean up the beach but once again we couldn't. So instead we went to a neighboring island for lunch. Before we get our food we were swarmed by about  kids trying to sell us trinkets. I bought 3 (some gifts for friends) but the kids kept pushing the merchandise. I even have to give one some money to just leave. The food was worth it though. It was fried yellow snapper with coconut rice and beans and fried plantains. So there were some highlights despite this off week.

No comments:

Post a Comment