Sunday, July 8, 2018

Generic Title of Blog Post 1

So, I wake up at 4:30 A.M and start panicking in a vague, half-awake way, since I have no idea what in the world I’m doing. I’m packed into a car with my luggage and delivered to the airport (FLL), a short fifteen minute drive away from home. After somehow managing to check my bag and stumble through security without issue, I settle down at the gate to wait for my flight, Barely staying awake until boarding begins. After a relatively short flight, I arrive at Atlanta airport and manage to figure out how to get to the correct terminal for my next flight. Once I arrive at the gate and meet up with the rest of the group (or at least most of it), I consume my first bagel (Cinnamon raisin). It was delicious. After a short wait, we depart on a somewhat longer flight to San Pedro Sula, on which I was unable to sleep. We land and are fast tracked through customs, making it outside of the airport, where we wait for our TA for an unpleasant length of time. Eventually, she arrives and we all load into a van that carries us to La Ceiba in a rather long trip. In La Ceiba, we are bundled into the Hotel Grand Paris, where I consume my second bagel (Cinnamon raisin). It was delicious. For dinner, I have some of the worst french fries I’ve ever had the displeasure of eating. Seriously, they were bad. They didn’t even taste like french fries. I mean, they didn’t really taste like much at all. Cardboard. Or maybe foam. The point is, they were that reconstituted crap rather than real, quality french fries. I was heartbroken. Anyway, I digress. After a nice, air conditioner-cooled night of sleep, I consume my final bagel (Cinnamon Raisin). It was delicious. We then go to Honduran Walmart® (I think it was called Pais or Paix. Probably Paix, now that I think about it) where I can by hydrogen peroxide and bandaids, since I just so happened to slice a thumbnail sized flap of flesh off my right big toe while walking there. Still not sure how it happened. Ben was panicking, even though it happens to me fairly regularly. Moving on, we loaded ourselves and our luggage into a van, which delivered us to a rather dinky boat. To make a long story short, the ride was long, wet, sunburny (I don’t care that it’s not a word), and all around awful. Ben almost drowned (in the boat; he was splashed a lot). I had to bail out water with a plastic bag (it was up past my ankles) and the boat stopped twice to fiddle with the gas. We managed to make it to Turtle Bay Eco Resort on Cayos Major, but all our luggage was some degree of wet. Yay. At least its beautiful here.

No pictures here

No comments:

Post a Comment