Sunday, July 12, 2015

7.10
Ah a hike. Which was much easier than the first time because of the fact that I took my inhaler, but due to the calf cramps and the slight back cramps it took me a bit longer to get over there, so Thomas helped me out and he told me about hearthstone and guildwars.
Once we got over there both of us immediately began to pick up trash. Once we were all filled up on trash, we headed back on the "schoolbus" and I begrudgingly took a five minute break. After that I went out in the water and was able to find a couple locations and take some measurements for my project on the dive slate. While out there I was having a little trouble, because things would come up from my throat/stomach and my body was just so angry with me for so many reasons. But, being the stubborn idiot I am, I ignored it as well as the awful taste in my mouth.
I was able to find the 3 species I had found before, and the blues were in the most abundance. (SOO CUTE and POKEABLE.) After helping Codeee with her measurements, we headed in.
(Skip lunch which I did eat, but I still wasn't feeling too well.)
After lunch I took a 5 minute kayak out around just to go somewhere in it. And then shower.

Now cue the lovely downpour.
(SIDE NOTE ABOUT THE NIGHT SWIM THAT I DIDN'T INCLUDE A FEw DAYS AGO PROBABLY- It was so fun! People got stung by jelly fish while Codee and I were laughing our butts off looking at all of the nightlife. There were SO MANY JELLYS. I loved even the slightly scary parts. We didn't swim with any spotted eagle rays, but we did find a spotted sand ray ish thing which was super cool!)
Now din dins and then soon lecture on Annelids and Sipunculids and mites and leeches and organs and worms. 
-Olivia Van Housen

No comments:

Post a Comment