Saturday, July 18, 2015

Final Full Day

7/17/15

Today, was the last full day we spent on the island of Cayos Cochinos. I am a little bittersweet about going back tomorrow - I have had a wonderful experience here, but I understand that it has come to an end. I am most looking forward to having junk food once again! We have been working on our projects all day. Tonight, we gave 5-10 minute presentation on what we have been doing with pictures and some of our results. I was really impressed with seeing what everyone else was working on. While I knew the general idea of what people were doing, I was shocked to see how much work everyone put in and how gracefully each person wrapped his/her project up. I am planning on finishing the work for my project next week, but I was able to make two correlations with Spearman Rank Correlation Coefficient that I presented tonight. I compared depth of algae to the number of parasitic associates on the algae. I didn't find a statistical correlation, but I know that there is probably one there. I might use another test to show my results differently. Anyway, tomorrow we are leaving early in the morning and I hope I don't get too seasick. Thanks to everyone for a wonderful 3 weeks. I'm going to post more over the next few days with pictures and more information about my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment