Saturday, July 18, 2015

July 17

This morning we went to pick up trash again in East Village. This time we took more bags to get more things. Except today, we could not get the school boat back so we had to walk. Dante came and took a group of us the long way around the mountain, since the way we came over is really steep downhill and would not be fun to get back over. Except he has not gone the long way in 5 years and did not really know the way. That made it a fun adventure. We literally walked on rocks and different things right on the side of the island. We saw some of the private homes and remnants of old private homes. We saw great views.

Next, worked on my project presentation. We are presenting at night in a broad sense of what our final research report will include. I started wading though all of my data but I am going to do the bulk of it at home because who wants to stare at computer screen while on an island for the last day amirght.

Afternoon was filled with frolicking in the water. I tore my wet skin the other day playing on the rope swing that was up so I was sans protection from the jellies but there were not many so it was all good.

Oh yea, when we were at the village, Carlos talked to the fisherman and bought lobster! Sonja, Dante and I all got in on it and thus had a great last meal. Fresh lobster for $7, beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment