Monday, July 6, 2015

On a nocturnal note

Around 7 in the evening we set out on our first nighttime snorkeling adventure. We separated into groups with a designated flashlight holder and stayed within the boundaries that we were given. The species activity is completely different at night, I saw quite a few creatures that I haven't even seen during the day. It may have just been that I was trying to pay attention to things around me more closely than I usually would have because it was harder for me to see. The fish that were feeding at the bottom were much less reactant to me swimming up close to them, even with the flashlight on. I was surprised by how close I was able to get to them before they slowly began to move away.
Beaded Sea Cucumber
(Nocturnal species)

Notice feeding tentacles near bottom of photo 

Longspine Squirrelfish

Spotted Scorpionfish

Spotted Scorpionfish

Yellow Stingray

Yellow Stingray feeding near a Starfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment