Thursday, July 16, 2015

Last Minute Excursions

I spent a great deal of today looking over all the videos that I have taken of the anemones. I have developed a pretty close relationship with Excel and am finding it has become more useful as time goes on. I still have one more day of videos to analyze, which shouldn't take much more than two hours. It's a very tedious process as I have been recording my observations by the minute. Tomorrow I will take my final set of measurements and record the distance from the shore to each anemone. The flags will come in and I will be done collecting data from the field. This class has flown by, I can't believe its almost over. Thankfully, we have a week after we leave Honduras to finish our projects and portfolios. It will be a busy week! I'm not looking forward to the two hour boat ride back to La Ceiba nor the three hour bus ride to San Pedro Sula. Hopefully the seas will be much more calm this time since we are departing in the morning rather than early afternoon.

Around 2 pm I took a much needed break from work and journeyed to one of the neighboring islands, Chachahuate. The island was lovely, and the breeze on the north side even more so. Natives immediately welcomed us and broke out all of the hand made items they had for sale. The children were very eager to sell their jewelry as well. Overall, it was a nice voyage and well worth the ten minute boat ride over.









No comments:

Post a Comment