Saturday, July 18, 2015

Goodbye to Cayos Cochinos!

This morning we boarded the boat at 7:20, waving goodbye to the small island we spent the last 3 weeks in. Two of the staff members came on board with us, and the rest said their goodbyes from shore. I tried my best to look in front of me as we started the ship. I actually passed out right away, because the dramamine for motion sickness made me very tired. Once I woke up, I went to the front of the boat, which had a beautiful view. Then, there were only about 10 minutes left until the end of the ride. I didn't even feel sick once, and the water was luckily so calm. At shore, we got our bags in the car and then stopped at the first Dunkin Donuts that we found! Some people got over a dozen donuts, because we were so grateful for junk food (and mostly, donuts). After getting these donuts, we got in the car for a 3 hour car ride. We are now in the hotel, and it is so nice. The rooms are very big and there is air conditioning! I'm sad that we are leaving this fine country of Honduras tomorrow, but I'm very happy for the time I had here. Our flight is bright and early at 7:00 tomorrow.

Here's a few pictures from the last 24 hours or so:
~ the first one is from earlier today before we pulled the boat in.
~ the second picture is the sunset from last night - the last day!
~ the third picture is Ashley, the girl that usually sold us goods at the island, as her mother works there. We tried to speak to her in Spanish, but she was very shy (but happy to be on my phone!) She took this picture yesterday on my phone, I forgot to post it then.




No comments:

Post a Comment