Thursday, July 16, 2015

Second to last full day

As we near the end of our stay on Cayos Cochinos I would just like to emphasize the wonderful time that I have had here, the gratitude I have for this amazing learning experience, and how I feel so fortunate to meet so many different types of people from different walks of life.
Some of my favorite moments here have been:
1. The first snorkel we went on: I was amazed by all the different types of fish, coral and there was so much beauty and so much exposure to organisms I had never seen before, it was almost too much to process.
2. Those nights sitting out on the dock with everyone in the group, sharing stories, music, and laughter, with the sea breeze blowing through our hair and the stars above our heads.
3. Seeing an eagle ray for the first time.
4. When a local Honduran man came to Cayos Cohinos, climbed a coconut tree, cut open the coconuts, and gave us the milk to drink and the coconut meat to eat.
5. Seeing not one but two octopuses for the first time, (out of captivity), and learning that the correct plural for octopus is in fact octopuses but not octopi, because it came from Greek not Latin.
6. Venturing to Chachahuate and getting to interact with the locals there. Sophia, Nat, Professor Gillman, and I met an adorable girl named Judy who was full of love and giggles.
7. Developing a fascination with sea stars.
8. Eating fish and actually enjoying it on several occasions. (Usually I am not a fan).
9. Learning everything I possibly could and the revelations that came with my new knowledge.
10. Making memories that will last me a life time. Thank you everyone who made this trip possible and everyone who I have had the opportunity to meet along the way.












No comments:

Post a Comment