Sunday, July 12, 2015

7.12
We're almost done! It's insane.
(Skip breakfast)
I was able to go out today to my usual spots to look for hermit crabs. As usual it was a challenge for an hour. While I was hunting by the drop off a HUGE spotted stingray sidled up to me and I got to swim with him! It was so amazing, and I got some great shots. Just like yesterday, it was an experience I will never forget. After seeing them at the Georgia Aquarium, this was incredible. A twice in a lifetime experience.
After a while I was able to find 4 data subjects for my study, and conclude that I have to leave out one of my data points because it's not made for the experiment due to all of the dead cooked fish. (Long story short, I can't use it because of the confounding variable... I think that's the right word.)
Back on land there was a snake!!! It was so cool to see. After Dante and a local confirmed that it wasn't venomous, Dante picked it up. I, of course, had to hold it. He was so cute!!! I carried him with me for 5 minutes posing for pictures and showing him off. (Shhhh. It's a secret.)
We released him back into the trees and then I resumed drying off. Then as I was trying to take a photo of a new hermit species I still haven't identified, Codee and I inspected this weird bug who is also still unidentified. But I got a couple pictures of it. Some sort of creepy looking thing.
(Skip moving through photos and looking up things for the paper and lunch.)
(Skip rock out work time. A lot of work time.)
(Skip dinner and sourness and key lime and work and procrastination.)
Bed time soon, after I do a little bit more work. I'm excited to draw up this imaginary restaurant with fish tank! I should be a pich person for ads or something because my idea is so beautifully and effervescently explained.

Included is a picture I took because I wasn't about to let this ray get away without a photoshoot.
-Olivia Van Housen

No comments:

Post a Comment