Saturday, July 6, 2019

Day Two of cayos cochinos - start of adventures (repost)

Day Two was the start of new experiences and skills and when the adventure started to
kick in for me. Yesterday was filled with adventure from the break of day to the break of
dawn so to speak. :)
That morning started with a nice run and I found out that there were some hiking trails to
take. After a delicious breakfast, it was time to hike to the lighthouse!
It was a nice 45-55 minute hike. My time hiking mountains up in Maine did not prepare
me for the changes in elevations on this trail. But I loved the challenge.
Luckily I had an emotional support partner on the trail who can run up and down
the entire hiking trail a couple of times without breaking a sweat.
Here is Naiden, the friendly Island dog. She is looking for another big stick to play
some fetch. She is the Hiking trail master on this Island. I look forward to going on
some more trails with this cool pup.
Here is the lighthouse pictured from below. Unfortunately, I was too tired to climb up
this time around. But I have made it my goal to get up there by the end of the three
weeks here. I am going to train my hardest to get up there. I hope to do another hike here
soon in a couple of days! I will let you know when I reach the top. I have left a part of my
name marked on the lighthouse. When I reach my goal, I will have written my first and last
name on the lighthouse.


After Lunch, I learn how to snorkel and take a proper survey of the reef. 
It was an awesome experience. I am going to snorkel more know that I know how.
I will work on trying to dive down without getting water in my snorkel.


At the end of the day was when the magic started!
A star-filled sky was the perfect scenery for viewing some spotted eagle rays and
some bioluminescence. 
A friendly dive master lights the dark clear waters
to attract plankton to entice the spotted eagle rays.
After a while, more spotted eagle rays came to the spot. About 6 of them were spotted! 
At one point one of them jumped out of the water for a split second.
One spotted eagle ray.


 
Two Spotted eagle rays.
And three spotted eagle rays!


Fun fact before I sign off. Each individual ray has a unique spotted pattern. 


I can´t wait to go on more adventures here! 


Bye! 

- Calle

p.S. its a repost because I sent it to the wrong blog. oops. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment