Saturday, July 6, 2019

Trip to East End Village

Veronica here!!

Yesterday we hiked to the village on the east end. The hike was really difficult -- I had to haul myself up and slide down shale. It was worth it, though. There was one really cool part where we were walking on shale that was slippery with seawater and had to hold onto the shale overhang above. There's a lot of shale where I'm from, so I felt right at home. We did some beach cleanup -- I'll never think the same way about foam and plastic again -- and then went to the village. It was really pretty! There was a house on a dock, and baby mangroves, and a hole-in-the-wall store that I bought some soda and juice from. The best part of the day, and of the whole trip so far, was when I jumped in the ocean. Unlike the view from the resort, there was no island blocking my view. It was pure ocean. The waves were really rocky -- it felt amazing. We went on a wavy boat ride back, which was a lot shorter than the hike, and then I got to have dinner and learn about vermiforms (worm shapes) with the my classmates. It's a bummer to have the Scubanauts gone today. I wish them all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment