Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Weird crab sightings are becoming frequent now more than ever

Here at the Krusty Krab institute of research ´s remote site in Cayos Cochinos, there have been times of weird crab sightings becoming more frequent as yours truly has had more practice in snorkeling and in conducting the Sponge Bob experiment as efficiently as possible as my stubbornness of not using a weighted belt and lack of advanced skills would allow. I have created an effective system of studying my sponges that has reduce the amount of time and to accurately assess my sponges in a relatively short time as possible to do a short 15-minute recreation exploration of the research site around me before dinner. Also since I have been doing this every day, my eyes have gained new sight for noticing the other organisms around me as much as my poor vision without my glasses would allow me to see. I have finally recovered the images from two days ago for this beauty. The videos are quite shaky due to not having the proper skill to keep me stable as I go down as well as equipment such as a weight belt to keep myself stable. My own fault.  One day, I will perfect this art form. I am planning on practicing snorkeling and the art of underwater photography until the day I die. I never thought I would be doing the things that I am currently doing on this island. And I love it!

Here are cool pictures and video of what seems to be a shameface heart crab located just about 1-meter across near the sponge research site.  I used the reef creature identification book by Paul Humann, Ned Deloach, and Les Wilk.



Crypotosoma bairdii

The shameface heart crab is burrowing in the sand.


Until then,
Erika Calle


No comments:

Post a Comment