Saturday, July 13, 2019

First time night snorkeling

Yesterday, The wonderful NCF crew went night snorkeling at the house reef here at the resort at 8 pm. It was a magical night filled with wonders from the deep. I was a little nervous but I had my crew so it wasn´t that scary. I was excited to see my sponges at night. I hypothesized that I would have found more starfish on the wounded sponges at night but I didn´t see them. I saw a ray on top of my sponges. That was interesting. I don´t know if that could be a factor. Again so many factors could play a role. I am looking at the geographical factors. ANYWAYS, There were so many cool creatures that I was able to see. Even the corals were pretty at night. It was like I transported to another planet. I absolutely LOVED IT !!!  There was a cool teal octopus sighting which was awesome. I wished I could get a better picture and video of it. I was stung during the sighting which caused me to startle a little bit. My inner thigh touched fire coral when the tide sort of carried me a bit. I am completely okay . It wasn´t super painful. It was somewhat of minor discomfort that was a bit on the mild side at first. Vinegar is my new best friend. I can´t wait to do this again because this was amazing!!
I am probably going to do a part two blog post cause I want to share a cute cuttlefish video and do an underwater world piece.  Now, Please enjoy some lovely pictures of spotted eagle rays in motion and the teal octopus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment