Sunday, July 7, 2019

I wish I could do that...

In my last post, I showed a friendly octopus mostly concealed in its coral home - unfortunately my picture was slightly out of focus. This octopus was so fun to look at that I went back in hopes of getting a better shot of him. I re-encountered its den relatively easily, due to the large number of shell remains laying below it from past meals. This time there was no fire clam in a life and death struggle with the little guy, just a dark hole, which my camera flash painted with vibrant color.
The First Shot
One red and black eye stared out at me, attached to a body with dark coloration and texture mimicking the algae of the surrounding area. The flash of my camera and my looming face must have bothered it, because it quickly began shifting in both color and texture. The next few pictures show the process of this rapid transformation, as it shifted first to white and then to a smooth body texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment