Thursday, July 18, 2019

End-of-vacation blues

Today is Thursday the 18th. I can't believe that my three weeks in Cayos Cochinos, Honduras have come to a close so quickly. It feels like just yesterday that we were hopping off the boat with the ScubaNauts being greeted by a beautiful island dog named Nadine. My time here has been incredible. Professor Gilchrist's lectures have been super educational, extending well past coral reef issues and into world issues, impending global changes, advice on how to make small and large scale changes, and of course the often unbelievable biology of marine invertebrates. I've had a blast improving on my underwater photography skills - the organisms here have been amazing models for me to practice on. It's been a pleasure getting to know Dan, Veronica, Madyson, and Erika, as well as the friendly and regularly hilarious staff here at the resort.
Daily snorkeling and sitting on the dock at night - legs hanging over the edge, eagle rays swimming beneath - has been truly therapeutic and I won't soon forget the memories from this place.
I'm immensely happy that I've had this opportunity and recommend it to anyone who wants to experience some of what Honduras has to offer.
Here's a few invertebrates from around here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment